Vegan Pumpkin Spice Turmeric Lattè is a creamy, cozy, and anti-inflammatory beverage that’s naturally sweet, slightly spicy, and full of fall goodness! This is a great caffeine-free option and is perfect for morning or the afternoon!
Hi there, friends! I know I haven’t shared a recipe with all of you lately, but I promise you that today’s recipe will make up for that! If you’ve seen my posts on Instagram lately you know that my mother is in the hospital with leukemia, so life has been a bit crazy lately.
I hadn’t planned on sharing anything publically, but somehow doing so now seems right and time-appropriate. I have also been slightly more absent on social media the last week and have been focusing on getting plenty of rest and being there for my family. As far as meals go, they haven’t been fancy. I’ve mainly been spending days at the hospital and am thankfully able to work there some, but time in the kitchen has been a little less routine this past few week and it may be that way for the next few weeks to come. Mom is scheduled to get out of the hospital on November 10th— fingers crossed—and has chosen to receive traditional chemotherapy treatment. She has great doctors that I love and am just thankful they believe they caught it in time so that it is not terminal. She will face a hard road the next month but I am so proud of the way she has been so strong and am grateful she is in good hands.
None the less, meals have been really simple, quick options lately. Lots of smoothies, oatmeal, whole grain cereal and smoothie parfaits, etc. I’ve also been filling up my body with warm, superfood-boosted drinks like this delicious Pumpkin Spice Turmeric Lattè!
Typically, when I want a hot mug of something warm, healthy, and comforting, I’ll go for my sugar-free vegan mocha, yerba matè and/or a matcha lattè, or just a simple cup of chamomile or peppermint tea. But sometimes, I want something refreshing, seasonal, and yet, still simple too. And today’s recipe for this Pumpkin Spice Turmeric Lattè has been my favorite answer for the latter this month.
This recipe can be made with just turmeric, or, for a simple boost that’s easy and packs in additional superfoods, you can use what I used: Sunfood’s newest Golden Milk Superfood Blend. This product is the most unique golden milk product I’ve seen because unlike most out there, it’s not high in fat, it’s not filled with sugar, and it’s made with simple, really energizing and holistic ingredients that I love.
Golden milk products are typically a mixture of turmeric and powdered or liquid coconut milk (or another non-dairy milk), and some blends also have added oils, sugars, and healthy ingredients like spices and such. But this blend by Sunfood is quite different in a wonderful way. It’s perfect for those of you looking for something to kick inflammation to the curb, aid in digestion, support stress relief, help aid in relaxation, and even support immunity too.
Here are the functional ingredients in the new Golden Milk Superfood Blend by Sunfood along with the benefits they contain:
- Turmeric – Anti-inflammatory, great for respiratory health, excellent for heart health, and for joint support thanks to high amounts of the antioxidant curcumin that it contains
- Black pepper – Helps with the absorption of curcumin, increases bioavailability of nutrients, can also aid in digestion.
- Ginger root – Supports digestion, relieves nausea (a must for stressful times in life!), contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits, relieves joint pain
- Maca – Adaptogenic (helps the body adapt to stress), aids in slow-burning energy levels, caffeine-free, balances hormones, alleviates stress
- Goji berry – one of the most well-studied herbs for overall health benefits, offers a complete source of protein, rich in antioxidants, low in sugar, contains vitamins A and C, natural source of selenium important for thyroid health, excellent immune system supporter
- Boswellia – One of the most underutilized herbs for joint health support and preventing/treating inflammation, promotes mobility, natural source of antioxidants
- Cinnamon – Helps aid in healthy blood sugar levels, has a great naturally sweet tasty, reduces inflammation, aids in stress reduction, supports healthy arteries and heart health, supports digestion
- Cardamom – Aids in natural detoxification, excellent for supporting digestion and relieving gas and bloating, boosts mood, has a great slightly sweet taste without sugar, combines wonderfully with cinnamon and ginger
- Organic Stevia – has zero glycemic index, contains natural antioxidants, comes from a South American herb (not artificial), low-calorie, may help support digestion
Golden Milk Superfood Blend by Sunfood is also 100% Vegan and USDA Certified Organic!
All you need to use is 1/2 tablespoon of this delicious blend by Sunfood in my Pumpkin Spice Turmeric Lattè to really give it a great flavor, although you could definitely add up to 1 tablespoon if you want a stronger flavor. With superfoods and specialty blends like this one, I always suggest using less and increasing to more to see how you like the flavor and to see how the body responds. While there are no dangerous ingredients or caffeine in this delicious blend, I still always say when you introduce new blends or foods to your body, it’s just nice to ease it into a new healthy routine. This blend also isn’t too sweet, so if you have a sweet tooth like I do, you can add an extra teeny, tiny dose of stevia like I did or your favorite sweetener.
Pumpkin Spice Turmeric Lattè also contains real pumpkin, a non-dairy milk of your choice (I used light soy milk but almond milk is also great). Blend this drink up in minutes and enjoy when you need something warm, comforting, low in calories, and yet still natural, organic, vegan, and healthy. I love it in the late afternoon or after a long stressful day when I’m craving more coffee and don’t want the hit of caffeine.
You can learn more about Sunfood’s new Golden Milk Superfood Blend here and check out other awesome products they make. Check out my Magical Purple Passion Smoothie With Blueberries, Maquí, and Acaí featuring one of Sunfood’s other superfood products that I love!
- 1 cup your choice non-dairy milk (I love light soy milk or unsweetened almond milk by Silk)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp. pure pumpkin pureè (canned)
- ½ tbsp. - 1 Sunfood's Golden Milk Superfood Blend (see notes for substitutions)
- optional: tiny pinch stevia for extra sweetness or 1 tsp. your choice natural sweetener (maple syrup, date sugar, coconut sugar, etc.)
- Topping: dash each of cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger
- Warm the non-dairy milk and water together in a small saucepan on the stove until just under a boiling temperature, or as small bubbles start to form.
- Then add all of the ingredients including the warmed milk and water (except the topping) to a high-speed blender in the order listed.
- Blend on low then progress to high until thick, frothy, and creamy (about 10-15 seconds).
- Pour into your favorite mug and top with the cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger, then swirl the top with a spoon for a pretty effect.
- Sip slowly and enjoy!
PIN FOR LATER!
Have you ever made your own golden milk drink at home? What’s your favorite recipe if so?
*Thank you to Sunfood for partnering with The Soulful Spoon on this post. This is not a paid post, just me sharing a brand I love and support using ingredients that I love and recommend!*