This delicious Cinnamon Mocha Latte is made with coffee and Crio Brü roasted cocoa beans to create a seriously satisfying beverage without any sugar or dairy at all. It’s packed with superfood benefits, has no artificial ingredients, and will satisfy your chocolate cravings in a healthy way too!
Crio Brü is roasted cocoa beans for those of you who don’t know. I use it just like coffee and brew 1 scoop of coffee with 1 scoop Crio Brü to make my own mocha each day.
For this recipe, I used the Venezuela blend of Crio Brü for my recipe. The Venezuela blend was previously known as Cavalla and comes from cocoa beans grown in Venezuela which are free of pesticides, chemicals, and GMOs. These beans naturally have hints of cocoa, coconut, and a little vanilla.
- 1 cup water brought to a low boil (not rolling or too hot of a boil)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic almond milk
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon raw maca
- 2 full drops liquid stevia (I used a chocolate flavor)
- 2 tablespoons Crio Brü roasted cocoa beans (any variety, I used the Venezuela blend.)
- 2 tablespoons organic coffee beans (I use Puroast low acid organic ground coffee)
- 1/2 cup water
- For Part 1: First, bring your water to a boil on the stove. Remember, just a low boil since water that's too hot will ruin the taste. I turn off my stove right when the water starts to bubble and steam.
- Once the water boils, add it to your blender along with the cacao, maca, stevia, and almond milk.
- Blend until frothy, about 10 seconds. Pour into your coffee mug.
- For Part 2: Next, brew your coffee. You can do this in a drip coffee maker, in a French press or in a pour-over thermal carafe like I use. You want to use less coffee to make a concentrated brew, so don't use more water than called for.
- Once the coffee brews, pour it onto your steamed non-dairy milk and cacao mix already in your mug.
- You'll see how beautifully it starts to foam up.
- Top with cinnamon and stir slightly with a spoon.
- Curl up in something cozy, and enjoy this magical and healthy elixer!
You can, of course, make this without coffee and just make a caffeine-free and sugar-free hot chocolate. I, however, just love the flavor of mocha and think coffee and cocoa are a hard combo to beat!
Have you ever tried Crio Brü ?