Thank you to Froozer and Mambo Sprouts for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are mine alone.
Tutti Fruity Sunrise Sorbet is a delicious and healthy creamy sweet treat that’s free of dairy, added sugar, artificial sweeteners or preservatives, plus it’s full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to boot!
Today’s healthy treat recipe is my first recipe of 2018 and it’s one I’m excited to share with you for several reasons!
For starters, like all my other recipes, Tutti Fruity Sunrise Sorbet is plant-based and inspired by whole food ingredients. Secondly, this healthy treat recipe contains no added sugar of any kind and is packed with nutrition from vitamins and minerals. Third, it’s delicious!
Tutti Fruity Sunrise Sorbet is creamy, sweet, and it has a touch of frosty goodness thanks to the ingredients in the recipe which makes it perfect for a mid-afternoon or late night craving.
Sorbet was never something I requested as a kid, but now as an adult, it’s probably my go-to for a sweet healthy treat. I like to prepare my sorbet as a mix between a sherbert and sorbet to make it extra creamy. This is simple to do by adding just a touch of non-dairy milk to any sorbet recipe instead of only using fruit as the base. Using a touch of non-dairy milk creates a delicious, silky smooth texture when combined with fruit. It’s also a simple way to feel like you’re eating something similar to ice cream but still light and refreshing without being heavy.
Sound good? Okay, great! Let’s talk about the ingredients in today’s recipe.
Tutti Fruity Sunrise Sorbet is made with simple ingredients including frozen fruit, non-dairy milk, and a special product I’m excited to share with you! I used a special frozen fruit snack product in my recipe that’s *new* on the market known as Froozer.
What is Froozer?
Froozer is a great-tasting frozen snack made with 100% fruit — all the goodness and great taste of perfectly ripened fruits, with no added sugar, juice or concentrate.
Founded by Arnie Zweben, Froozer was created by Arnie’s healing experience when he was in a car accident and was only able to feed through a feeding tube for 6 months. Arnie then had a necessity of only being able to eat fruit which led him to create a fruit-based frozen snack made with only real fruit and no unnecessary ingredients. Froozer was born from Arnie’s experience and let me tell you, I’m so glad to have found this product. It’s awesome!
Not only is Froozer great to eat alone as a snack, but it’s also a great product to use in recipes like today’s Tutti Fruity Sunrise Sorbet recipe because it’s made with real, whole fruit that doesn’t compromise on nutrition or flavor. Check this out…
Frozen whole fruit
Made Without Any Added Sugar, Juice Concentrates, Preservatives, or Sweeteners of Any Kind
Is 100% All Natural Made Only From Fruit
Contains Only 35-40 Calories Per Serving (one treat)
Prepared in a Convenient, Easy-to-Grab Tube
Packaged in BPA-Free Wrappers
Founded and Made Right Here in the United States – Based in Colorado and Produced in Oregon
Available in 4 Flavors (as of now) including Strawberry Bliss, Tropical Sunsweet, Blue Aloha, and Orchard Cherry Berry
The Strawberry Bliss flavor is my favorite (pictured below) and is made with only grapes, strawberries, and bananas. I used two of these in my recipe today and it’s just like using the whole fruits Froozer is made with. So tasty and creamy!
If you don’t have or can’t find Froozer products near you, I’ve included a note in the recipe section with some substitutions, but I highly suggest picking up a box of Froozer products if you can find them near you (see below for how to do that!).
So how is Froozer made?
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk (I used light vanilla soy milk but any non-dairy milk will work.)
- 1 frozen very, very ripe banana (pre-chopped and frozen in halves)
- 2 packs of Froozer Strawberry Bliss flavors (see substitutions below*)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- Garnish with 1 tbsp. of Coconut flakes, sliced almonds, or macadamia nuts
- Add ½ cup of the non-dairy milk, half a frozen banana, and 2 packages of Froozer Strawberry Bliss flavors to a blender. I suggest using a high-speed blender for optimal blending; if you have a Vitamix or similar machine, use the tamper to press the mixture down into the blades during blending.
- Pour the blended mixture into a tall glass; put in the freezer to set while you prepare the rest.
- Next, in the same blender container, add the remaining ½ cup non-dairy milk, the other half of the frozen banana, and the 1 cup of frozen pineapple. Repeat the blending process from step 1 above. Remove the prepared mixture from the freezer and add the blended banana/pineapple on top of it. Swirl the two together with a large spoon in the glass to layer together filling up the glass, then add the garnish.
- Enjoy the mixture right away and considering sharing with a friend! 🙂
PIN FOR LATER!
New Year Nutrition Tip: