Today we’re whipping up something fun and delicious to remind us of our childhood … chocolate milk!
But not the kind most of us grew up with.
We’re making Sugar-Free Chocolate Milk that’s even vegan and has a boost from superfoods too!
Does anyone else remember those small cartons of individual milk they used to give you in the school lunchroom? I’ll admit, I used to love those pints of childhood goodness and looked forward to them daily. I’d paired the chocolate milk with packaged peanut butter and jelly cakes and called it a day, and I was convinced this was a healthy lunch for most of my youth.
No wonder I struggled with my weight, skin, and a relationship with food for years with all that sugar in my diet! Thank goodness I now have a tastier, healthier option that I’m sharing with you today … Superfood Chocolate Milk!
Raw cacao is an incredible mood-booster and contains more antioxidants than any other food on the planet! Stevia is a natural herb that lowers blood sugar and has no sugar or calories but is not artificial like other zero-calorie sweeteners.
Using a non-dairy coconut milk makes this recipe even better since it supports hormones, weight balance, and is more digestive-friendly than cow’s milk. Blend this up in minutes and you’ll have a creamy, superfood chocolate milk in just minutes.
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder (I love Navitas Naturals brand or Viva Naturals brand)
- 1 full drop of liquid, alcohol-free vanilla stevia
- (optional): 1/2 scoop your favorite plant-based chocolate protein powder for a more filling option
- -1/2 cup ice cubes
- First, place a glass in the freezer because we all known chocolate milk tastes best in a pre-frosted mug!
- Next, add all the ingredients to your blender in the order listed.
- Blend on low, then progress to high.
- Pour the chocolate milk into your frosted glass and serve.
- Sip and enjoy like you're a kid again, then go tackle your adult-like day!:)
What’s your favorite kid-like treat?