Raw Cinnamon Cashew Milk is an easy, creamy, and natural alternative to processed non-dairy milks and cow’s milk. It’s rich in magnesium, healthy fats, and has no sugar! With a boost from cinnamon and vanilla, this creamy non-dairy milk takes any cup of coffee, bowl of oats, or smoothie to a whole new level!
I’ve always loved the idea of making my own non-dairy milk, but I’m also not very good about keeping raw nuts and seeds on hand in bulk if I’m being honest. Oat milk, yes, that I can do. I have loads of oats stocked up from a Vitacost haul last year and have been making oat milk pretty often (which is delightful!).
But when it comes to nut milks, I admit I usually just buy them at the store (Silk is my go-to brand of choice since it has fewer ingredients and fewer additives than other brands).
However, recently I have been loving the simplicity behind this creamy, rich Raw Cinnamon Cashew Milk. Why? Because it uses a trick that I have been taking advantage of for years when I happen to crave a glass of fresh nut milk: it uses a packet of raw nut butter instead of whole cashews (which I never have on hand).
This, my friends, makes things so easy! Unlike regular nut milk recipes, there is no soaking the nuts beforehand or straining the nuts after blending required at all with this recipe. You just blend the raw nut butter with other ingredients you might like to use and you’re done!
I prefer using raw cashew butter to get the most nutrition (and because I’m not a fan of added oils, salts, and sugars in processed varieties), but you could really use any nut butter you wanted to.
Artisana is my favorite brand of raw cashew butter since they properly pre-soak all their nuts before making them into a raw nut butter. This ensures their enzymes are as active as possible and digestion is optimal. In fact, their brand is the only brand that doesn’t give me that dreaded stomachache after I consume nuts which speaks volumes to me about the quality of their products (which yes, I do buy with my own money).
I’ve also included some of my favorite cinnamon in this recipe along with a pinch of real vanilla bean. Cinnamon is great for your blood sugar levels and your mood and vanilla is a wonderful source of magnesium, fiber, and potassium. Flavor of the Earth cinnamon is my go-to brand since it’s hand-ground and made from real Ceylon cinnamon sticks. It’s fragrant but not overwhelming, so it’s perfect for this recipe!
You can also use any raw vanilla bean powder in this recipe if you like and even use a little stevia or pink sea salt if you want. You can find the exact ingredients I used below.
- 1 packet of raw cashew butter (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 3.5 cups cold, filtered water
- (optional): 1/8 tsp. real vanilla bean powder
- (optional): pinch of pink sea salt
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, secure the lid, and blend until creamy and frothy.
- Store it in a glass container with a secure lid such as a mason jar.
- Use within 3 days in your favorite smoothies, in oatmeal, or even as an alternative to coffee creamer!
- * Feel free to use less liquid (about 2 cups) for a creamier milk or use a date or some stevia to sweeten this. If you use a date to sweeten it, however, you'll need to strain the milk before using it.
- * Because this milk is natural, it will settle a bit overnight, so just give it a nice stir the next day or a gentle shake with the lid on, and it will instantly become creamy again.
- * You may also add a pinch of sea salt and it will help it last an extra day or two if you like.
Get the Ingredients:
- Artisana Raw Cashew Butter (jar or packs!)
- Flavor of the Earth authentic Ceylon Cinnamon
- Bright Earth Foods Vanilla Bean Powder
Have you ever made cashew milk?
Like this recipe? Pin it or share it below!