Raw Beauty Bites are naturally sweet, packed with antioxidants for glowing skin, contain vitamins and minerals that assist with a healthy metabolism and hormones, and they contain fiber and plant-based protein to keep you satisfied for hours. Store in your purse on-the-go or keep them in the fridge at home for when those afternoon cravings come calling!
Last month I made out my recipe editorial calendar and knew I had to include this recipe for Raw Beauty Bites because they’re perfect if you’re tired of using your oven to create healthy treats with as we edge into the warmer months.
I have been making this simple recipe since 2010 when I first started playing around with plant-based, raw food snacks and desserts. I had nothing more than an old food processor and blender back then, but that didn’t stop me from blending, mixing, and testing things out until I found combinations I fell in love with enough to share.
These Raw Beauty Bites were a winner that I’ve never felt the need to change. They’re not only simple to make but also filled with some of the most nutrient-dense options out there. No nuts, soy, dairy, processed ingredients, or added sweeteners are found in these bites.
Raw Beauty Bites contain natural sweetness that doesn’t give you that nasty crash like sugar or make your stomach hurt like refined sweets do. They are also filled with magnesium, protein, Vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants that protect the heart and skin, B vitamins for a healthy metabolism and hormones, and plant-based protein.
But let’s just cut to the chase: what do they taste like?
the perfect replacement to energy bars!
- 1 cup dried Black Mission Figs (sweeter and higher in nutrients than other varieties)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons raw hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons raw, unsweetened coconut shreds
- 2-3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Add the figs and water to the food processor (or a high speed blender).
- Process until you get a nice, thick, dough-like paste.
- Now, add the hemp, coconut, and cacao to the food processor/blender.
- Process again. You may have to scrape down the sides in between and start again if you're using a blender. Continue this until you get a fine, cookie-dough like paste that you can roll into balls (takes about 1 minute in the Vitamix or a high-quality food processor).
- Stop the machine, and scrape down the sides. Scoop into a bowl, and start rolling the mixture into bite-sized balls with your hands (it will be messy!).
- Place the plate of bites into the fridge for at least 1 hour to set or the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy 2-3 when you need a quick snack or carry with you on-the-go in a baggie for a healthy treat!
You can leave these bites as they are, or you can roll them in extra hemp seeds and coconut as a pretty garnish if you’re feeling fancy or serving to guests.
I like them both ways!
List of Ingredients I Used:
- Bright Earth Foods Raw Cacao Powder and I also love Divine Organics Raw Cacao Powder
- Navitas Naturals Raw Hemp Seeds
- Let’s Do Organic Unsweetened Coconut Shreds
- Organic Black Mission Figs (you can also find these in bulk at Whole Foods)
Enjoy these Raw Beauty Bites as a quick and easy snack recipe you can make at home in your food processor. I use this food processor and love it. I hope you’ll come to love them just as much as I do!