This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MuseCleanPlate #CollectiveBias
Today’s post is all about a few things you can do to give your kitties extra love this fall season, starring our new kitty Charlie, which is quite the popular little fellow on my blog these days and on Instagram!
Charlie has been such a blessing to me and my family’s lives and given us so many things to smile about the last two months since we’ve had him. Charlie came to us right after my cat of 18 years named Ashes passed away, and I’m convinced Charlie was sent from above because he’s full of such sweet love that we needed after losing such a special pet.
Charlie has also reminded us how important it is to give our kitties extra love and care with each passing season. So today, I’m sharing a few of my best tips to help you do that too!
How to Give Your Kitties Extra Love and Care This Fall:
I’ve loved animals my entire life, and one of the most important things I’ve learned is that giving them extra care whenever we can is important, especially during fall when the daylight hours get shorter.
A few ways to give kitties extra love and care this fall include the following 5 tips:
1. Be sure and keep up with their vet visits. This can help find undetected issues, make sure they are in health before it becomes colder outside, and will also help give you a peace of mind knowing they’ve had all their routine shots, or other treatments before winter rolls around the corner.
2. Feed them high-quality food, such as foods made with real ingredients, veggies, fruits, and lean protein when applicable. Also, be sure to check to see that you’re not feeding your cats any harmful ingredients known to cats. See one of Charlie’s new food favorites below!
3. Give your kitties extra bits of love whenever possible. Cats don’t always need our full attention, but they do need love each day! Give them kisses, hugs, and be sure to spend some time to play with them. Activity is great for kitties that tend to spend a good bit of time lying around all day. making sure they come indoors when it gets dark outside, and making sure they have plenty of play time outdoors during the day if you allow your cats outdoors. If you don’t allow your cats time outdoors, be sure they get to play inside.
4. Be sure to monitor any signs of fatigue or unusual feelings your kitties may have. Kitties are not immune to colds and other types of illness woes typical during this season. If we ignore any unusual symptoms they may have, an underlying health issue may turn into something much worse over time. So if your kitties show you any signs that something isn’t right, be sure to get them checked out. If you can’t afford a regular vet or your vet isn’t open, there are many emergency pet clinics that are open 24 hours (or at least on weekends) that you can visit that are more affordable or that may be able to offer you payment plans.
5. Let play outdoors when they want to since nature is great for all of us during fall when the weather is so magical outside! But it’s also important to make sure that kitties come indoors when it gets dark outside each evening since they can get into trouble, get lost, and other critters come out and may scare them. Charlie got spooked the other night by some creature in our woods, so this is a lesson learned on our part too, my friends! If you don’t allow your cats time outdoors, be sure they get to play inside.
Charlie loves to play outside during the day and we always make sure he comes in at night. We love to play with him outside when we can and watch him get into all kinds of fun things.
Playing with pets, whether indoors or outdoors, creates a special bond with them, just as feeding them food they love does and by giving them plenty of love.
We love to spoil Charlie when we get a chance and one of our favorite ways to do this is by shopping for him at Petco. Petco is a one-stop shop for pets because they have everything we need to treat our pets right. This includes food, play toys, clothes, pet hygiene products, and so much more.
We recently stopped by Petco to pick Charlie up some new toys and to try the new Purina® Muse® cat food options which I had heard were a great choice for cats like Charlie due to their high-quality ingredient line.
Purina Muse offers a wide range of wet and dry cat food products. We’ve learned that feeding cats both wet and dry food are important for giving kitties a balanced range of nutrients and for helping to keep their digestion working at optimal levels. We’re extremely careful about why kinds of food we feed Charlie and he happens to just love the new Purina Muse line, as you can see!
When Charlie has a well-fed tummy, he is more loving and full of energy to play outdoors. We love to let him play outside and nature and watch him discover all the new sights, smells, and fun things to get into (while bringing him indoors at night, of course).
One of Charlie’s favorite varieties of Purina Muse is the Sailing with Salmon dry food which is made with real salmon, essential nutrients with accents of blueberries and spinach and has no chicken-by-product mill, corn, wheat, gluten, or soy. He also likes Purina Muse wet food varieties which are grain-free, have no corn, wheat or soy, and they’re free of artificial flavors and preservatives.
Purina Muse cat food selections are made with natural ingredients featuring a taste even finicky cats won’t be able to resist. When kitties love what they’re eating, it’s easy to ensure they’re getting plenty of the proper nutrition they deserve while keeping them happy too. With Purina Muse, you never have to compromise flavor for quality natural ingredients. They even offer a Muse Clean Plate™ Guarantee so you can try their products with confidence.
Look out for Purina Muse products at your local Petco in the cat food section, and check out the selection or Purina Muse online at Petco here. Also, keep an eye out for a new range of Masterpieces Dry Formulas by Purina Muse coming in February of 2018!
Want to let your kitties try Purina Muse? There’s a special Facebook LIVE Sampling event that will be happening 10/18 for Purina Muse products. The Facebook LIVE event is hosted by Budget Savvy Diva on Wednesday 10/18 at 9pm ET where there will be free samples of Muse wet and dry food for guests to claim, so visit Purina Muse on Facebook so you don’t miss out.
PIN FOR LATER!
Remember, fall is a great time to give your kitties extra love and care. Keep these pointers in mind so you and your kitty can have a safe, healthy, and happy fall and enjoy this magical time of year together. And be sure to visit your local Petco where you can find everything you need to make sure that you and your kitty have the best fall possible together!
What’s your favorite way to give your pets extra love during fall?