Minty Maca Matcha Magic Smoothie features maca, matcha, and mint for a stress-relieving, hormone-boosting smoothie that’s easy on the system, and it causes no crash like coffee. Start your day out with this dreamy, calming, refreshing, and naturally sweet smoothie.
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Low-Fat, Dairy-Free
Today’s recipe features one of my favorite superfoods as of the last year. I’m sure by now you’ve probably heard of matcha green tea, but unless you’ve experienced it firsthand, there’s simply no way to describe how amazing this superfood really is.
What is Matcha?
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 1 tablespoon of raw maca powder
- 1 tiny drop of peppermint essential oil or extract (or 1 fresh mint leaf)
- 1/2 teaspoon of organic matcha powder
- 1 cup frozen cucumber cubes for more benefits (Chop and freeze these in a baggie the night before you make this- I keep a huge bag in my freezer.)
- 1-2 tiny drops of liquid vanilla stevia or 1/8 tsp. pure white stevia powder (or 2 packets of stevia)
- 1 scoop of Vega One French Vanilla Nutritional Shake
- Optional Toppings: cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, chia, cacao nibs, buckwheat groats, bee pollen, etc.
- Add all the ingredients in the order listed to a blender. A high speed blender works best such as a Vitamix or a Nutribullet (my two top choices).
- Pour into a frosted glass and serve for a colder, frostier smoothie or freeze for a few minutes after you blend.
- Enjoy as a breakfast at home or on the go!
- I like to store my greens in baggies in the freezer which makes a thicker, frostier smoothie and also takes away some of the bitterness of the greens.
- Why frozen cucumbers you ask? They make for a refreshing ingredient and are great for reducing bloat. Freezing them is an instant way to thicken your smoothie without adding ice which can water down the taste. Give it a try!:)