Light ‘n’ Lean Creamy Pumpkin PB Pudding is a delicious, creamy dessert that has a boost of protein and no added sugar!
With Halloween coming up, I’m sure that many of you are bombarded with candy, rich desserts, and all kinds of sugary sweets.
Halloween used to be a hard time for this gal, especially during the first year I quit sugar. But not anymore. In fact, I love to create healthy, sugar-free recipes that are full of nutrition, flavor, and sweetness too.
And just because sugar’s not invited to the party doesn’t mean it can’t still taste good, right? 🙂
I know, I know. I’ve already shared several pumpkin recipes with all of you this season, such as my Pumpkin Spice Protein Mochaccino and Pumpkin Pecan Coconut Yogurt Parfait, but I haven’t shared my favorite—possibly most easy— recipe yet.
Friends, this recipe is really so easy to make.
And, it is SO good. I promise!
I love to eat this Light ‘n’ Lean Creamy Pumpkin PB Pudding at night for dessert or a mid-day snack, but it’s so healthy you could actually eat it for breakfast if you wanted to!
It’s creamy, sweet, and best of all, it’s also filling. It leaves you feeling good, satisfied, and provides nutrients without any of the sugar, fat, or refined ingredients found in candies and desserts around this time of the year.
But my favorite part is you can make it in under 5 minutes, like many of my other recipes.
Most of you know that I’m all about recipes that let you make healthy options at the last minute, and this pudding recipe I’m sharing today is the perfect example of that.
Besides, it’s National Pumpkin Pie Spice Day.
You didn’t think I’d leave you hanging, did ya? 🙂
Some of my favorite healthy staples to keep on hand are all found in this recipe, which include the following:
- Crazy Richard’s Peanut Powder (This brand has no oil, GMOs, sugar, or salt, and is low in fat and carbs. It’s better than PB2!)
- Pure Pumpkin – Libby’s is great!
- Pure Stevia
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Golden Ground Flax (for a nice, nutty crumb topping with fiber and omega-3’s)
- Unsweetened coconut yogurt
- Vanilla plant-based protein powder
- A touch of coconut flour
- Unsweetened non-dairy milk
These ingredients can be used to make many other recipes on my site, as well as used in a variety of other recipes you probably already love. I have to say my favorite way to use them, however, is in this easy, almost instant pudding.
Nutritional Bragging Rights of This Recipe:
There’s no added sugar of any kind in this recipe, it’s free of cholesterol, has no fillers, it is full of good fiber that’s easy on your system, and it’s a great source of Vitamin A, healthy fats, B vitamins, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and antioxidants.
I’m in, what about you? 🙂
- 1 full cup of pure pumpkin purée
- 1 cup of plain, unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of plain peanut powder
- ¼ tsp. pure stevia extract, or 1-2 full drops of liquid stevia (or 2 packets of stevia)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour (makes it thicker)
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder (vanilla flavored)
- ¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, such as Silk unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of golden ground flax
- dash of pumpkin pie spice
- an extra dollop of yogurt if desired
- Mix the pumpkin and yogurt together in a small bowl first.
- Next, add the stevia, peanut powder, coconut flour, protein powder, and then stir again really well.
- Add the ¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk next.
- Finally, smooth out the top with a spatula or spoon, sprinkle on the pumpkin pie spice and flax, and finally add a dollop more of yogurt if you please.
- As another tip, it's really good if you let it sit in the freezer for 10 minutes first. It gets a nice chill and thickens up a bit even more.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Have you ever made a healthy pumpkin pudding?