Chocolate Protein Acai Ice Cream Bowl is full of vitamins, minerals, and plant-based protein. Now you can have your dessert and breakfast at the same time with this recipe! 🙂
Today’s post is perfect for the weekend because I have another easy and delicious recipe to share with you that’s one of my latest favorite creations. It also features one of my favorite new products from a company I’ve loved for years, plus there’s even a giveaway in store for all of you too!
First, let’s talk about the food!
I’ve loved ice cream and bowls of sweet goodness since I was a little girl. In fact, would it surprise any of you to know that I used to order fried ice cream anytime I went out to dinner at Mexican restaurants or bowls of mint chocolate chip and hot fudge sundaes at other types of restaurants?
No, I’m not kidding. I’ve loved ice cream for a long time, and in my teens, I was even a soda fountain clerk where I served ice cream and created all kinds of smoothies, shakes, and ice cream concoctions for a total of 6 years. It was a blast, but it also took a toll on my health despite that my sweet tooth lived a good life for a long time.
When I started eating healthier, I knew I couldn’t give up all sweet foods, so after I eliminated sugar from my diet for good, I started finding ways to make my foods delicious without the sugar and refined grains.
It took awhile, but over the years as I learned about new foods and healthier options, it became so easy and something I didn’t even have to think about. Not only did my health improve (no more seizures, acne, depression, weight gain, blood sugar swings), but I also learned how much I loved creating new foods in the kitchen.
And 10 years after the fact, I’m happy to say that each new sweet recipe I bring to you is one I truly do love and enjoy in my own kitchen.
Like today’s bowl of goodness….
My Chocolate Protein Acai Ice Cream Bowl features Garden of Life’s RAW Fit plant-based protein which is an incredible, plant-based protein option with extra hunger-squashing and lean muscle-building powers!
RAW Fit is targeted toward those that want to lose weight due to blood sugar swings or cravings for junk, but let’s just get one thing straight: I don’t use (or love) this product because I’m trying to lose weight. I’m, in fact, trying to build muscle and put on some lean muscle mass –but that’s a story for another day! 😉
RAW Fit is a great option if you want a high dose of plant-based protein without much else. There are no fillers, additives, or funny business in RAW Fit, and it happens to taste fantastic!
This is not a new line of protein by Garden of Life, but there are two new flavors that are new to the RAW Fit family as of 2015. The two new flavors are Cacao and Vanilla. Just like other Garden of Life products, they are free of gluten, soy, and dairy, and the new flavors are also yeast-free too!
Here are some of my favorite highlights of RAW Fit:
- Contains 28 grams of protein per serving for 190 calories, (but it’s so filling, I can only use ½ a scoop at one time, seriously!)
- Contains 6 grams of fiber per serving from whole, plant foods (no gluten or soy!)
- Contains stress-busting herbs and superfoods like ashwagandha, plus foods to help lower blood sugar levels and reduce cravings
- Made of an easily-digested blend of plant-based proteins
- Contains NO sugar (which is a must for me!), plus very low amounts of raw stevia for natural sweetness
- Boosted with decaffeinated raw green coffee bean extract for energy, metabolism, and healthy blood glucose levels
- Is 100% gluten, soy and dairy-free plus certified non-GMO and USDA certified organic … and 100% verified VEGAN!
Please Note: Using Raw Fit alone will not help you lose weight, so I don’t want to imply that by any means. Weight loss happens when you eat a clean diet, get enough sleep, your hormones are in check, you’re eating enough food and not taking in too little calories, and you’re eating a diet filled with real, high-quality foods. Moving your body and moderate amounts of exercise are also helpful and important for overall health.
Weight loss happens when you eat a clean diet, get enough sleep, your hormones are in check, you’re eating enough food and not taking in too little calories, and you’re eating a diet filled with real, high-quality foods. Moving your body and moderate amounts of exercise are also helpful and important for overall health.
However, using high-quality sources of plant-based protein that are low in saturated fat can help you reach your weight loss goals more easily when you also consume enough fiber, healthy carbs, and nutrient-dense fruits and veggies. These foods keep you full, eliminate cravings, support metabolic function, and leave you eating foods that don’t contain processed sugar and refined grains, high-fat oils that don’t fill you up.
Remember, eat real food for the win! 🙂
Why I Enjoy RAW Fit:
I’m a fan of a lot of many different (vegetarian/meatless) protein sources that are easy to digest, so I’m always looking for new ones I can add to my regular rotation. I eat whole foods most of the time, but I also like using RAW Fit because it’s not chalky like some plant-based products and it’s light on my stomach. Plus, it makes a smoothie or shake taste great while also keeping me full and energized!
I have tried just about every product Garden of Life makes and can honestly say that this company is such a high-quality brand I trust and love. I never represent companies and products (or foods) I don’t love or recommend to others, and Garden of Life is always a brand I’m excited to share with other people.
Speaking of Garden of Life, I have a giveaway for RAW Fit to share with all of you!
Garden of Life has allowed me to host a giveaway for all of you to win your very own tub of RAW Fit in the flavor of your choice! The options come in Vanilla, Cacao, Marley Coffee (which is also excellent!), and Plain (which has a slight vanilla flavor).
To enter the giveaway, just follow the directions through the Rafflecopter link below, and good luck! Please do note, this giveaway is only open to U.S. residents!
- 1 pack unsweetened frozen acai pack (sold in the frozen fruit section at most health food stores)
- 1 scoop your choice sugar-free chocolate protein powder(I used Garden of Life RAW Fit Cacao flavor.)
- 1 cup plain unsweetened Greek yogurt (no added sugar is optimal) -coconut Greek yogurt is also an option
- 5 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- optional (but recommended) -1 drop liquid, alcohol-free stevia (or 1/16th pure stevia powder) and a pinch of cocoa powder
- toppings of choice
- Add all the ingredients in the order listed to a high-speed blender or food processor. If you have a high-speed blender, turn it to the frozen dessert or smoothie button and run through the cycle. You may need to add a little more non-dairy milk to get it going. If using a food processor, let the acai pack thaw a few minutes (or run under warm water and then open the package) before processing it.
- If using a regular blender (not a high-speed) or a Nutribullet, add 2 tbsp. more liquid to help it blend easier, and you may need to stir in between cycles. You'll want a thick consistency like ice cream when it's finished.
- Scoop into your favorite bowl, and serve with a spoon.
- Add any toppings you enjoy such as chia, flax,nuts, seeds, or superfoods. I used coconut, bee pollen (great source of complete amino acids and antioxidants), along with fresh strawberry halves.
- *If you do not have acai, you may sub in 1 cup frozen blueberries or blackberries, or you may use 1 tablespoon acai powder and 1 cup your choice frozen berries.
Have you ever used Garden of Life RAW Fit or made an acai bowl?