Filled with simple, healthy ingredients, this vegan smoothie is packed with Vitamin C, magnesium, plant-based protein, fiber, chlorophyll, copper, zinc, has no added sugars, and is 100% vegan and gluten-free.
How many of you out there have a smoothie each day?
I know smoothies always make me feel so nourished and satisfied no matter what time of day I have them! Plus, healthy smoothies helped me transition away from sugar years ago and were a great way for me to start adding nutrients from real foods to my day when I didn’t have much time on my hands in my early college days. And though that was a long time ago, my love for smoothies has only grown along with my passion for sharing the benefits of them with others.
Plus, there is quite nothing like something sweet and frosty to start off the day with—even in the winter!
This smoothie is:
Rich feel, yet light on digestion
What makes this smoothie special, yet simple:
The use of a few fruits, some anti-inflammatory plant-based protein, and some mineral-rich, energizing raw cacao nibs turns this smoothie into something delicious, healthy, and totally worthy of a mid-day treat. Enjoy for breakfast, a snack, or for a more substantial lunch you can add 1/2 scoop raw rolled oats and some spinach to keep you fuller longer and add more nutrients to your glass.
No matter how you make this smoothie, I know you’ll love it. It’s a healthy recipe that tastes like dessert!
- 1/2 cup of frozen organic raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries (or sub strawberries if you don't have cranberries)
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs (or you can use cacao or cocoa powder)
- 1 scoop your favorite plant-based protein powder
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (or you can use water)
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 1-2 cups organic spinach (or sub 1 tsp. greens powder if you don't have greens on hand)
- dash of cinnamon
- real vanilla bean powder or alcohol-free vanilla extract for more flavor
- other berries of choice (blackberries, blueberries, etc.)
- Toppings: cacao nibs, goji berries, mulberries, chia, camu camu berry powder, etc.
- Add all the ingredients to your blender in the order listed.
- Blend on low, then progress to high. If you have a Vitamix, you may need to use the tamper.
- Scrape into a glass jar or bowl (it's nice and thick!) and serve. Or, freeze 30 minutes to firm up a bit and turn into a more ice-cream like treat.
- Add the toppings and enjoy!
- This smoothie is high in protein, iron, zinc and Vitamin C which all keep your skin looking healthy and supple. Zinc and Vitamin C also help to clear the skin, and the natural sugars in these plant-based foods digest slowly so your insulin levels stay steady. Add greens and oats for even more benefits!
Want more smoothie recipes? See all my smoothies and healthy beverages here!
What’s your favorite smoothie you’ve been enjoying lately?